Pinging anyone with a shop

Page 1 of 2
I can use photos and descriptions of shops for a book I'm working on. I'll be glad to drive to some, in NC, VA, eastern TN, maybe a couple more, but I'd like to see shots from other areas, too. No money in it, a mention of course, and if you want further details, more information, check with me at charliediy @ gmail . com or go to my web site, www.charlieselfonline.com and pick up a contact there. If you run across my old AOL address, PLEASE do NOT use it.
"Charlie Self" wrote

Check out the websites of some of the wReckers ... you never know when you might find something you can use.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Yes. Like most of what's on your site. Let's see if I can get your email to work.
Wed, Jan 2, 2008, 4:26am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (CharlieSelf) doth appeal to j ust the cute guys here, so I answered his call:: I can use photos and descriptions of shops for a book I'm working on. <snip>
Pichurs are in the e-mail. I'll take some of the dog too if you want. Do you think this could lead to a film contract? For me, not the dog. Lucy Liu here I come.
JOAT If you can read this you're in range.
On Jan 2, 8:40 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Stills, not movies. No help from this direction, I'm afraid.
You really gotta work on that Appalachian thing with pictures: it is "pixtures." At least it is according to most of my in-laws who live in Applachia and can't pronounce it any other way.
My dog hates the shop. The shrieking tools make her ears hurt, I guess. Too, she's never been fed in there, and she doesn't like indoor places where she doesn't get fed and petted.
help from this direction, I'm afraid.

Sort of like "axing" questions which (Swingman may correct me here) is Lousyana thang.
--
NuWave Dave in Houston

"Dave in Houston" wrote in message

Indeed, there was no criminal intent whatsoever intended in the phrase: "Go axe yore Momma if you can go to da pitcher show, cher."
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

I never did not say that me.
in

For something of a similar cadence, take a look at Peter Bowen's books about a cowboy brand inspector in Montana, Gabriel DuPres...metis, not cajun, but similar speech. And the books are a lot of fun, too.

When I was a kid I worked a bit for my uncle Rene doing roofing and siding. The classic I remember was his "Henri, raise down de plank".
in

We don't know which direction the plank is going, UNLESS we're on site. Then it makes sense. Or at least I don't.
"Hank" wrote

siding.
Or, as Boudreaux always sez in the shop, him: "Brought dat saw over here, cher!"
Being in Texas for so long I have no cajun accent left (unless I want to, that is) ... but no amount of schooling has ever cured me from using "bring" in place of "take".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07
JOAT If you can read this you're in range.
On Jan 2, 6:02 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

If your shots don't work out, I may try a flyby (in a 4 cylinder pick- up?) with you and skeez in one day to get shots. Oil just hit 100 bucks a barrel, so that's a wait and see deal. I'm not sure my publisher is up for driving expenses.
"Charlie Self" wrote

Some pics I have taken of projects show my shop in the background. http://flickr.com/photos/18036559@N04/sets/72157603066528456 / I can take pics of the shop if that's what you have in mind.
Max

Yes, please. And shots of that lumber rack...is that your design?
"Charlie Self" wrote "Max" wrote:

I designed the lumber rack with the ceiling angles in mind. I built my shop from the ground up and have some pics of that somewhere. I'll have to scan them. I don't think they had digital cameras at the time and, in any case, I didn't have a computer. <G>. Will do.
Max
Charlie Self wrote:

The URL below is of a previous rendition of the shop, but it's not grown much in size. If anything it's shrunk because I have more tools in it.
If that's also the kind of "shop" you're looking for I can give you more pics. If, however, you're looking for something more along the lines of a pro shop, I can understand. Let me know.
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

I can't get Foxmire to work with Google to email you, so...yes, I'd like to see shots, higher resolution if possible.
How on earth do you stand it...I had to shoot some photos in my shop, with heat off overnight, and thought that I was going to lose fingers at 19 degs. F. Hell, we're in central Virginia, so it never gets really cold (says the guy who left Albany, NY more than 30 years ago...not going back, either, at least not in winter).
On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 04:26:32 -0800 (PST), Charlie Self

Oh, no. Now I may have to actually clean up the shop.
Frank