PING: Upscale

I have been using Look, for both my TV and internet access, as you may have heard, they sold their wireless spectrum to Bell and Rogers, I haven`t heard what they are offering former Look subscribers, but lets just say that I am not a big fan of either company.

You use Teksavvy for internet and usenet access, are you happy with their service and usenet access, then I can ditch easynews as well and save $10 a month.

PS, I would even take a TV recommendation if it isn`t Bell or Rogers, you know anyone using StarChoice Froz...

Reply to
FrozenNorth

I used StarChoice for many years. Worked fine for me. Never did try it on HD as I have not yet taken the plunge. I went to digital cable (Cogeco) for my house pho, home internet and TV. I also have Cogeco (.net) Business at my shop for my fax, phone and internet. That internet connection just flies...up to 7MB/sec on a good day, never below 5 MB/sec. The package deal was simply too good to turn down...and it got that eye-sore dish off my house.

Reply to
Robatoy

Rogers is the only cable provider here, they jerked me around one to many times.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Excellent, thanks, if they offer referral bonuses let me know, maybe it is worth something to you, I probably will go with them. Things looked good, just wanted an honest opinion.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

I am aware of Marc's site, just wanted a recommendation from someone who actually uses a provider.

Thanks, again.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Ok, and Amen to the Rogers thing, they came by one day and disconnected my cable without saying anything, said it was interferring with air control at the airport, yikes. Not sure if that was bs or not, but they wouldn't work with me on it, hence no more of my money.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Honestly, I'm extremely happy with Teksavvy. In total, I pay $35.65 a month and that includes the optional dedicated IP. Newsgroup access is part of their service. In fact, Teksavvy reduced their monthly prices a while back. Where do you hear that happening these days? I left Rogers several years ago when Rogers dumped Usenet without reducing monthly charges. I've never regretted it.

The best reason though is Teksavvy's customer service. The few times I've had to use it, customer service has been immediate and excellent. I almost feel like I'm shilling for Teksavvy, but all I get out of it is great service and low prices.

Is that recommendation enough for you? :)

Reply to
Upscale

Forgot to mention, I used

when I searched out Teksavvy. It may help you.

Reply to
Upscale

I think they do offer referral bonuses, but you don't have to submit one. That's not why I recommended Teksavvy. The saving of a few dollars a month is nice, but the customer service is what makes it for me. It's like night and day comparing them to Roger's crap. Hell, I'd pay more money just to thumb my nose at Rogers.

Reply to
Upscale