PC Hammerdrill and oil

Hello All,

I have recently purchased a "used" Porter Cable PC7751 hammer drill. I put the used in quotes because I purchased it from a person who never once used it - as in the power cord is still wrapped in the factory tie wrap. In any case there is a small amount of oil on the top casing of the drill which has obviously leaked out after years of sitting on the shelf waiting to be used (It was stored "sideways").

Should I be concerned about this? I'm wondering if I should bring it in to a service center to have a look at it before I use it. The manual says that oiling and replacing the brushes should be done by a qualified service center (which I have one right down the road). Am I being overly worried about this? I just don't want to burn the thing out if all the oil that is supposed to be in it is no longer in it.

TIA

Reply to
Eric Scantlebury