Parts help

I'd like to ask you all for a little help if I could. I feel almost guilty asking for help when I haven't been very active in the group for a while, but between work and real life, I haven't had much time, but anyway . . .
As some of you might know I teach HS woodshop. We have an old bandsaw, about 17 years old or so. Anyway, it's Powermatic Model 81. It's a good, powerful saw, but the brake shoe (part 3725002) gave up the ghost. It is beyond repair. I was on the line with Powermatic this morning and they told me the part is "obsolete." The only thing that they could suggest was to go to a machine shop and get one custom made or find an old parts dealer. I have made all the calls that I could to suppliers that I know, but have had no success in finding this part. I was hoping that one of you might know of where I could get a hold of this part, or even perhaps might have this item laying around somewhere (if you are like I am and save piles of stuff because it might come in handy some day) and could help me out. Obviously I could run the saw without the brake, but I like to keep my machines (well, actually the school's machines) in proper shape. If it comes with a brake it should have a brake.
So, if any of you fine gentlemen could give me a lead I would greatly appreciate it. You can post any reply here, or if you prefer you could e-mail me. What ever is more convenient for you. My e-mail is: Golf, Kilo, Romeo, Alpha, India, Golf, at India, X-ray, dot netcom.com. (damn spam bots)
Thanks in advance, Glen
( I posted this message in ABPW as well, but did not cross post)
--
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's
just that they know so much that isn't so."

You might consider using a piece of oak for a brake shoe... seems to me that the San Francisco trolley cars still use wooden brake shoes...
John
but the brake shoe (part 3725002) gave up the ghost. �It is

but I like to keep my machines (well,

Glen
I would take what is left and go to a brake shoe reliner and let him handle the problem.
Page 3410 of the current McMaster-Carr catalog also has a nice selection of brake shoe lining. "mcmaster.com" is their web site address.
Bob AZ
That's not that old but I would check with the guys over at http://www.owwm.org . These guys are constantly finding or looking for older parts.