Panel saw for acrylic?

I posted this last week, but it never showed on any news server I tried, ISP's server was having some issues then...

Hi, I cut lots of acrylic. Sheets are often too big for a table saw. Sheets are up to 50" wide and 100" long. I need the saw to be able to handle the

50" wide cuts ( I don't cut down the 100" legnth enough to worry about). It needs to be square within 1/16" accross the 50" cut. I plan to purchase the costly blade for acrylic (alternate chip), I just don't know about panel saws that much. It needs to keep the sheet from vibrating causing chips. What is the recommendation for this?

Thank you much, bg

Reply to
BG250

call the folks at Safety Speed Cut...they are experts in the field...they make a number of models in all price ranges and they should be able to meet your needs.....good luck Mike from American Sycamore

Reply to
aswr

Forrest makes a no-melt blade for acrylic. About the saw, not sure what panel saw is best though. When I cut acrylic I use the laser at work to cut what i need....Brian

Reply to
Brian in Hampton

I worked in a glass shop that also sold acrylic and polycarbonate. We always used Milwaukee's standard panel saw with a (?) blade and always had very clean, accurate cuts with almost no breakage, melting or any other problems. It will cut any length, but I'm not sure if it can handle 50" high sheets. There are others on the market that can handle bigger sizes.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

I use a Milwaukee panel saw to cut primarily 1/4" plywood and mdf. Have used it a couple of times to cut acrylic. Makes cross cutting and ripping large sheet goods a breeze. Milwaukee (and I'm sure other manufacturers) sell an optional spring loaded hold-down - go for that, and definitely invest in a good blade. I'm sure you'll love it.

Bill

Reply to
remove