Outdoor bar

Hello, Iam building an outdoor bar on my deck. I will be using marine plywood for the top and sides and presssure treated lumber for the structure. Should I watch out for anything? Would it be better for me to attach backer board on top of the plywood and then tile it instead of staining? Please advise.
Appreciate your help
Thanks! Sunder
Marine plywood may be excessive. A good A/C with exterior glue should work fine. I built one with T-111 20 years ago and it is still doing fine. It isn't directly in the rain but it still gets wet when the wind blows. I sealed all of the wood with several coats of poly/stain after it was cut and before I screwed it together.
Tue, Aug 24, 2004, 1:52pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@flashburn.com (Shakal) Hello, Iam building an outdoor bar <snip> Please advise.
Comfortable chair, bucked, ice, 6-pack.
JOAT Don't complain: When a dog barks, he loses his bone. - Bazooka Joe
Porky Pig says: http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/porky/Porky03.wav
oooh! Don't forget the homemade Tiki for ambience!
Reminds me, I think it's time to check on the JOAT Oil Treatment Tiki again...
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:28:37 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Got one ;-) And an MP3 player with plenty of island music.

http://members.aol.com/gfretwell/tikibar.jpg
Like this?
On 25 Aug 2004 00:36:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Greg) wrote:

hmmm... don't see the Tiki there, but it sure looks like a fun place to hang out.
That was an obscure reference to a little experiment JOAT did a couple years ago in which he tried using old motor oil as a preservative for a wooden tiki he'd made out of a piece of log.