OT - Yank Tanks

When many east Germans came across the old border to west Germany, there were swarms of Trabbies buzzing about. Quite a puff of blue smoke when 50 or more Trabbies all take off from a traffic light. I can just imagine what downtown Warsau must have been like on a hot summer day. Then there OLD Trabbies...

Reply to
Robatoy

Might I suggest you brush up on your metalergy? Every car out there with a steel body is made from colled rolled steel. Porous? Only if someone cut holes in it.

Reply to
CW

Yep ... and 'full mild' on the body panels and most of the structural stampings, to boot.

But it sounded good.

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

They run this every couple of months or so on the Sundance Channel, if you happen to get it. It is a fascinating documentary. Watching the guy make brake shoes out of pure asbestos with a cigarette in his mouth was quite a shocker.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

As we have established that there are no differences of the densities between cold rolled and other cold rolled steels, I stand (sit) corrected. I'm glad I made your day.

Reply to
Robatoy

0.283 lbs/inch^3, a number I shall take to my grave.

The density of steel, BTW.

Even close enough for cast iron.

Three place accuracy which was good enough for slide rule calculations of the time.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Sat, Apr 7, 2007, 7:26pm snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.=A0Clarke) doth query: But are you Duvall, Caine, or the kid? Ever see any Miyazakis?

Caine. The only way I'd use a shotgun to blow a salesman's hat off is if I wanted to take the head with it.

Never heard of him, but now that I'm alerted, I'll try to avoid him.

JOAT In the rough is just enough.

Reply to
J T

Reply to
Mike Berger

It's available at Netflicks

Reply to
bynot

Sun, Sep 2, 2007, 6:16pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@bellatlantic.net (bynot) doth sayeth: It's available at Netflicks

Whatever Netflicks is. I've had a copy since slightly before the original post. If you're into old cars at all very interesting.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T