OT - Yank Tanks

Page 2 of 2

When many east Germans came across the old border to west Germany, there were swarms of Trabbies buzzing about. Quite a puff of blue smoke when 50 or more Trabbies all take off from a traffic light. I can just imagine what downtown Warsau must have been like on a hot summer day. Then there OLD Trabbies...
Robatoy wrote:
> The Russians also had a knock-off of the DKW (Auto Union, now Audi).
Back in the 90's somebody tried to import Ruski farm equipment.
I have a picture of a load of it on a flat bed setting in a rest stop in Nebraska. Looked like pure trash.
Hell the Ruskis even screw up plywood which is Finland's private joke on the cheap skate buyers.
Lew

Might I suggest you brush up on your metalergy? Every car out there with a steel body is made from colled rolled steel. Porous? Only if someone cut holes in it.

CW wrote:

Yep ... and 'full mild' on the body panels and most of the structural stampings, to boot.
But it sounded good.
Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

As we have established that there are no differences of the densities between cold rolled and other cold rolled steels, I stand (sit) corrected. I'm glad I made your day.
Robatoy wrote:
> As we have established that there are no differences of the densities > between cold rolled and other cold rolled steels, I stand (sit) > corrected.
0.283 lbs/inch^3, a number I shall take to my grave.
The density of steel, BTW.
Even close enough for cast iron.
Three place accuracy which was good enough for slide rule calculations of the time.<G>
Lew
You'll have to work much harder to make my day. The bowl I just turned is the high point at the moment. The water heater I replaced this morning was the low.

They run this every couple of months or so on the Sundance Channel, if you happen to get it. It is a fascinating documentary. Watching the guy make brake shoes out of pure asbestos with a cigarette in his mouth was quite a shocker.
Well they do get free medical care.
Buck Turgidson wrote:

It's available at Netflicks

Sun, Sep 2, 2007, 6:16pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@bellatlantic.net (bynot) doth sayeth: It's available at Netflicks
Whatever Netflicks is. I've had a copy since slightly before the original post. If you're into old cars at all very interesting.