OT: Worst alcohol abuse ever.

http://www.brewandchew.com/images/grolsch_beer_disaster.jpg
Robatoy wrote:

Egads! I trust that the perpetrator of this atrocity was shot, beheaded, drawn and quarted, and if still alive, was given a severe tongue lashing.     99 bottles of beer on the road,...     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

The thing I don't get is how evenly the bottles and cases are distributed on the road. I don't see many accidents like that so maybe it's normal? I guess I'd envision a big pile where the truck turned over or something. Or maybe a big swath of bottles off to one side or something.
Maybe King Kong hit the beer truck really hard on the hood (or bonnet for you brits)... the beer truck then flipped up end over end throwing beer cases down the road for a hundred feet or so. Now THAT would be pretty cool!
Joe Barta
I once saw a scatter like this after one of those old side loading soda trucks went into a spin.....wish I had been there (but not too close) when it happened. It must have been spectacular to see it spinning with a pinwheel of bottles spraying out of it.
What a waste of beer!
--
Charley

"Joe Barta" < snipped-for-privacy@apk.net> wrote in message

Don't speak so fast, Charlie. Once there was a train wreck, here in a rural area, where 2 box cars unloaded its cache. Lots of bent up cans, which were dozed into a hole quickly. But the rest, which was still intact in cases, seemed to take a long while to be dozed. The dozer operator waited for folks to haul away what they could, since the insurance had paid for the loss. Apparently there was no time limit for the dozer operator to bury the debris. So, in this case also, all may not have been wasted. Think of it as darn good road kill.... Parttake at your own risk.

Second Sonny
I recall when I was a Senior in High School. A cousin called me at about 5:00am one Saturday (very unusual). "Get your a** out of bed! A couple of boxcars full of beer overturned in Erie last night!" Erie was about 9 miles away which equates to a little less than the minutes it took to get to the car and on site - in Erie. Apparently the insurance was settled and the railroad detectives were looking the other way. We literally filled my '47 Ford coupe -- trunk, behind the seat and floorboard.
Best of all, a good friend's family ran a railroad salvage and commodity operation. We drank from those kegs for a couple of years worth of partys.
RonB

To hell with the beer. I wonder where the '47 Ford is now!

of
miles
'47
partys.
Yeah sure - rub it in. The only two derailments that happened close to where I lived at that time in my life were both trains carrying coal. You can sure bet we didn't rush out to fill the trunk...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

With the cost of heating nowadays you may need to rethink about filling your trunk if this happens again. 8>] Larry

Sheesze - no kiddin'.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Crusty old Major a month from retirement in the left seat, gear, flaps, and perhaps sixty feet off the beach before he'd admit what we kept screaming at him - the sand wouldn't support us. Or maybe he thought about his well-deserved pension.
The objective? A railroad barge, run aground, allegedly with two cars full of beer. Light planes landing, loading, departing made the place look like O'Hare. Alaska was quite a place.

I ran into the aftermath of a truckload of (live) turkeys on the A1 once. The police were clearly very unconcerned about how many turkeys were stuffed into cars, they just wanted to get rid of them and re-open the road as soon as possible. The more people "helping", the better.
Robatoy wrote:

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!