OT? - Woodworking MAYDAY (m'aidez)

I've set up portion of my web site as a place to share woodworking and shop ideas; and it's been satisfying to see that people have found it helpful. Most of the traffic seems to stem from posts to rec.woodworking, so this would appear to be the most logical place to appeal for help.

It's been interesting to note that many (about 1/6) of the visitors are accessing the site from countries where English is not the most common language. My server-generated usage statistics lists these countries from among the "Top 30 of 68 Total Countries" for the first half of September (English-speaking and language-nonspecific domain types excluded):

Denmark Thailand Slovak Republic Mexico Germany France Netherlands Italy Japan Brazil Estonia Finland Belgium Greece Argentina Sweden Israel Saudi Arabia

If woodworkers in any of these countries think it would be worthwhile for me to have one or more of the web pages available in their language(s) and can provide interpretations (rather than just translations) by e-mail, I'd be happy to make those pages available.

Thanks!

Morris Dovey

countries. I ask a friend that lives in Mexico what they do and he told me they use the Google translation service. It's not always perfect but for the most part, the message gets through. He suggested that if I wanted more non-English speaking visitors, then using non-English key words in the regular text of the page would help with searching. I like visiting your site for ideas - its a good resource. Thanks for that.

Dave

Teamcasa