OT: Roof Vent

I want to install a 6" roof vent for a range hood and I could use some advice. Do I actually need to remove some shingles to insert the flashing or can I just pop some nails and slide it under?

Any other words of wisdom appreciated.

Reply to
Bill Stock

You might want to try alt.home.repair. Lots of good advice there.

Reply to
Rileyesi

Bill wrote:>

You'll have to cut away the shingles that are in the way of the body of the vent(usually a semicircle). Just cut enough away to allow water to drain unimpeded onto the roof below the vent. HTH. Tom Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom