OT: Roof Vent

I want to install a 6" roof vent for a range hood and I could use some advice. Do I actually need to remove some shingles to insert the flashing or can I just pop some nails and slide it under?
Any other words of wisdom appreciated.

You might want to try alt.home.repair. Lots of good advice there.
Bill wrote:>

You'll have to cut away the shingles that are in the way of the body of the vent(usually a semicircle). Just cut enough away to allow water to drain unimpeded onto the roof below the vent. HTH. Tom Work at your leisure!