OT - In The What The Hell Category

Page 1 of 2
http://www.gasblender.com/specs.htm
Gas powered? That means it'll probably be about as irritating as the average leaf blower. The good thing is it'll be a stationary target, and if you use a smaller caiber rifle, they'll never even hear your shot.
JOAT If you don't ask the right questions, the answers don't matter. - W.S. Lind
On Tue, 1 May 2007 23:21:32 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Now, come on!!! That has got to be a spoof. I'm sure most anybody could find a better place to sink $1500.

Only $279. There's a group of dirtbikers I know who would really enjoy this toy and its product after riding while we camp away from civilization in the Sawtooth Mountains. Of course, they'd probably want to put a hot pipe on it and run race gas.

Oops, sorry about that. It's the "cycleblender" option that's $1495

Oh yeah, good catch. I missed that one. That Harley market has more than a few conspicuous consumption types.

Anyone who has ever been to a pro football or major college tailgate party has seen these for the last couple of years.
Joe

Maybe that's why I've never heard of them. I'd definitely not waste my time in either of those activities.
JOAT had the right idea.
Sanctimonius Tom Veatch wrote:

And what exactly do you find so distasteful that you would "not waste my time in either of those activities"?
That is a statement that could only be made by someone wha has never been to one. Most that I have been to are family oriented and multi-generational. Many times there isn't any alchohol, and often the only difference between a tailgate party and your backyard picnic is that you're not in your back yard.
Seesh!
Joe
Wed, May 2, 2007, 3:48pm snipped-for-privacy@home.com (10x) doth query: And what exactly do you find so distasteful that you would "not waste my time in either of those activities"? <snip>
Dunno Tom's reasoning, but for me football games're waaay too borig. Someone once figured out there's only about 7 minutes of actual action in the average football game. The rest of the time is spend lining up, dancing in the end zone after a touchdown (as if they're the only one that's ever done that), arguing with the ref, and so on. I'm not about to pay bucks to watch some guy who gets paid millions to do al that. When I watch football I want to watch something like Australian rules football.
On Wed, 2 May 2007 17:01:42 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Precisely my reasoning. Might go to the tailgate party if I didn't have to sit through the game. Might could be forced to sit through the game if I could bring a good book to keep myself occupied.
JOAT, surely we are not the only two males in these United States who don't see any attraction in American Football.
Used to watch Australian Rules Football when I could get Cable TV. Never did figure out what the Rule was.
Wed, May 2, 2007, 4:56pm (EDT-1) Tom Veatch doth sayeth: JOAT, surely we are not the only two males in these United States who don't see any attraction in American Football. Used to watch Australian Rules Football when I could get Cable TV. Never did figure out what the Rule was.
Can't be. I figure a lot of 'em just won't admit it.
Near as I was ever able to understand the main rule was no breaking bones on purpose.
Make it three. My wife wouldn't miss it though.
<Tom Veatch> wrote in message (J T)

Tom Veatch wrote:

Nope ... you're not alone.
Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

For me, I just prefer not to be a spectator.
Playing football can be fun. Watching it?!? nah.
You don't know how tough it is to not be a sports fan in a sports town. (Pittsburgh, PA)
--
flip
Just on the border of your waking mind, There lies - Another time,
On Wed, 09 May 2007 11:39:37 -0400, flip+@andrew.SeeEmmYou.EeeDeeYou wrote:

Yes I do...
Dave Hall, Pittsburgh, PA (and not a sports fan... and after two new stadiums and a new arena, if they build one more damn multi-million dollar playground for millionaires with my money I think I will explode...)
flip+@andrew.SeeEmmYou.EeeDeeYou wrote:

Yeah ... not much action in Detroit.
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

Bill in Detroit wrote:

As for me, I agree with Hemingway's comment: "The only sports are motor racing and bullfighting - everything else is just exersize."
--
It's turtles, all the way down

: Tom Veatch wrote:
:> JOAT, surely we are not the only two males in these United States who :> don't see any attraction in American Football.
: Nope ... you're not alone.
: Bill
Count me out as well --
    Andy Barss