OT: I have been rebuilding a 1940 southbend lathe.

This was a fun project. Enjoyed bringing some heavy metal back to life. http://woodchucker.imgur.com/
--
Jeff

This deserves a hearty "you suck." I have been lamenting my need for a lathe, and the lack of budget to get what I need. To get a Bridgeport would be, well, "you suck"
Got a milling machine lined up yet?
--
Jim in NC

On 8/2/2014 10:48 PM, Morgans wrote:

on space.
--
Jeff

Holy crap! What are you going to make on that? Pens? ;-)
Very nice. Very nice indeed!
That is terrific. Can I send you my bandsaw?
Larry

Sweet...Nice job Perfect example of "they don't make em like they use to"
ChairMan wrote:

Wow! Looks like it was a very big job!
On 8/3/2014 2:28 AM, Bill wrote:

It was, but it was fun. you see a lot of change quickly and that makes it addicting.
--
Jeff

"Bill" <

Yes, very nice restoration! I have one of these in my shop and have been using it a lot in the last 20 years! Mine was made in Sep 1941 and made parts for Continental airplane engines in WW2. ;>)}
woodchucker wrote:

the way when you aren't using it?
Just had a woodworm screw made by a friend who has FOUR of these suckers. The largest is about 14 feet long. I asked him if these were the last four that weren't shipped to China.
Hope you have a lot of fun with it.
--
 GW Ross

 To get the point, rub a porcupine
On 8/3/2014 10:36 AM, G. Ross wrote:

Not sure if it will have wheels. It ways over 350lbs and I have not added stuff to it, like a 4 jaw chuck, collets, tooling.
I may use the new flipper type workbench wheels that Rockler (overpriced) and peachtree sell. ( bought a set from Peachtree for $40 and use them on my dresser workbench.
--
Jeff

On 8/2/2014 8:20 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Dad and I bought it together at the hardware store in Sacramento Ca. along in '52. Chrome ways, and in great shape. Nice to make tools with! Even tools for my wood lathe.
Martin