OT: Grill from Billy Joel's car

I just figured that since people here seem to scout eBay for odd things, that you'd get a kick out of watching people bid on parts off of Billy Joel's car. Some people will buy anything. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category )938&item812432670
My sister's husband bought one of Jeff Gordon's tires on ebay. When the postman delivered it, he asked "What the hell is this?"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category )938&item812432670

Sheesh. It isn't like wreckage for a Billy Joel car crash is rare or something. What are these people thinking?
On Thu, 06 May 2004 04:45:15 GMT, Paul Kierstead

thinking? what makes you think they're thinking?
snipped-for-privacy@igetenoughspamalreadythanks.com wrote in wrote:

Went to the NHRA drags a couple of summers ago and while we were waiting we watched the throngs trudging back to their cars, some carrying souvenirs. First was a 12-year-old boy with a piston and a big grin. Nice paperweight, if nothing else. Then came a guy with a burnt-out exhaust manifold. Huh. Some folks with used clutch plates.
The capper was two guys certainly old enough to know better, each rolling a big, used, dirty slick, grinning from ear to ear. Don't know what they were going to say to their wives when they got them home.
At least none of these folks had to pay for their booty.
--
John Snow
"If I knew what I was doing, I wouldn't be here"

Does this guy have any fragments of the "True Cross", knuckle bones of St. Christopher, or the Holy Grail? Gotta go check "sellers other auctions"!!
Cheers, Beaker