OT: Building material prices

Have building materials increased by a significant amount in the United States in the last year to 18 months?
I remember reading in here the price of plywood, and even common studs had gone up by quite a bit.
Yes they have.

Yep.

Steel and concrete have gone up as well as wood.
China has been absorbing a huge amount of steel (both new and recycled). We have a stamping and tooling facility in China, and they are struggling to find the resources. And electricity is tight also, they can't run the punch presses on Sundays. Rolling blackouts occur also.                                 Mark L.
Prometheus wrote:

i sell lumber for a living and the average cost for framing lumber is up 18-20% for an overall package