OT : Best costumes last nite???

Gotta say - pretty boring set of kids last night - I was a bit dissapointed.
Alot of princesses and starwars characters.
Saw a few good ones. Saw a skelton that was outstanding - was all in black w/ a translucent skin w/ the bones underneth it in white w/ some kind of black light showing on it so the bones glow - really creative kid. I asked him how he did it - he wired somekind of battery pack to a black lite - gave him kudos for being original.
Saw another one that was parent w/ a kid on his sholders - but the legs of the parent and the head and arms of the kid was the person and the head and the arms of the parent was a dummy. Just looked very original.
Anyone out there see any worth mentioning?
--
Thanks,
Rob

You can reply to me at

We had a guy (maybe late teens?) come by last night that had just won a local contest with an outfit from some movie..(I don't watch many)... He cut the heads off of about 100 double-headed nails, shaved his head and super glued them on his scalp... 1 at a time... He said this was the 2nd time he did it, so makeup and gluing "only" took 3 hours this time... sheesh! It was an AWESOME effect, though... scary as hell with bloody makeup, black cloak, etc....
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 10:17:05 -0800, mac davis

That would be 'Pinhead' from the Hellraiser series of films. Pretty darn scary films - make sure you find the unrated versions. One of the things my company does is make replicas of the brass/wood etched puzzleboxes from the movies. Didn't sell too many for Halloween this year. Good thing too, since Hurricane Wilma got us and we wouldn't have been able to get them out in time.
--
http://www.FenrirOnline.com

Computer services, custom metal etching,
The kid dressed up as a pimp made my day.
Matt

a row. Didn't see any on the road either. Surprisingly, we live in a pretty populated area with lots of kids...
RE: Subject
Without question the bash in West Hollywood attended by an estimated 350,000 people.
West Hollywood with shall we say, open acceptance of alternative lifestyles, has been sponsoring this street party since the late 80's.
Attended one several years ago, they simply close off the streets and have a street party.
Don't remember seeing any booze.
If there was any drinking, it was very discrete.
Biggest flap about the whole thing is that they ban silly string for about 36 hours.
Guess that stuff is a real bear to clean off things.
Lew
On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 16:56:26 -0700, "James \"Cubby\" Culbertson"

I spent most of yesterday dismantling the "haunted house" and will spend this afternoon boxing up all the scary stuff for next year... It's definitely worth the time and work to see so many kids in costume... seems like it's mostly the parents that comment about all the black light stuff, though... 60's flashbacks? *g*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 16:56:26 -0700, James "Cubby" Culbertson

Around here, the signal to say "Yes, come to the house" is that the light by your door is on.