[OT] A Big Fish Story(a.k.a. gloat)

took a little time off my usual to deplete the state of Alaska of its excess fish population . Our group of 3 sent back 95 lbs of fillets. However, following are the requisite woodworking related pictures. My son taking a little break on an unusual sofa
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaska1.jpg
anyone can mount this fish but the artist won't let ya
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaskatwo.jpg
did good limiting out with sockeye(reds) that's me on the left in the jeans next to my 4 fish(limit was three)
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaskathree.jpg
again, that's me on the left next to my 3 halibut. the big guy in the middle was 72 lbs(pretty common...record is over 400)...halibut fishing will poooop you out!
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaskafour.jpg
Larry
--
Columbia, MO
www.llhote.com

Since I spent 14 of the happiest years of my life in Alaska, I am one of the few who knows just how much you such.
Great pics, great woodworking and Great State.
RonMan
"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in message

will
You live in one of the prettiest little towns in the country and you catch fish in Alaska ... you suck big time, brother. When's supper?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05

...My son, his father-in-law(a good personal friend) and myself took the trip as a birthday present for my son. My sons wife hates fish and I didn't want to fool with them so his FIL got a freezer full of fish. He plans on giving most of it away. However, I do have over 300 good picture I could share...bears, moose, eagles, mountains, glaciers, water etc and on-and-on....fish too....

Hm. Suppose he'd mail some, say in a styrofoam cooler w/ ice packs...?
Jason (not kidding at all)

I completely agree with Swingman...you suck!
Great pics, thanks for sharing.
I'm off to the Maritimes for a couple of weeks at the end of July. Cottage on the Bay of Fundy, my wife's three brothers are fisherman nearby (Professional/commercial fishermen). Maybe I can go out with them for a cpl of days and handle the bait (semi-decomposed herring..with a little luck it will be choppy too, oh yay, turning green..LOL)
I'll be posting a few pics when I get back..*G*
Welcome to the Maritmes Robatoy. The weather has really sucked this year, but it should be nice by end of July.
Lawrence...you really suck. I'd love to get to Alaska to fish.

I have had tremendous luck with the weather in Nova Scotia over the last 6 summers. (Except one day last year when a buddy of mine got married in his backyard.. it rained. Being a HOG wedding, we made do with a few kegs. If it rains this trip, no biggie. It's a short hop to The Lower Deck...*G*
Sociable!!!!

Oh yes... toss a c-note on the bar...stand back..and watch...
Ring that bell!
Good one Lawrence. Its winter here - makes me yearn for summer.
Cheers Bill D New Zealand