Opinion wanted on Cross cut saws

I'm looking for some opinions on the cuts available with cross cut saws. I was thinking of picking up one of the Lee Valley models.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pC836&cat=1,42884
What I want to know is how clean these saws produce 90 cross cuts for the purpose of butt joins to be connected with pocket-hole joinery. Normally, I'd use a tablesaw, but since the one I'd normally use is not easily accessible to me, I'm thinking of going with one of the models listed in the url above.
Thanks.

found that there is still a lot of play between the saw blade and guides that resulted in inaccurate cuts. The TS with a standard miter gauge is still way better. Good for carpentry work but not furniture or picture frame building. YMMV. The LV one may be better but my experience is that they tend to be more to look at than accurate.
That's odd. I have one, a Jorgenson, that works very well. You do have to be gentle with starting the cut or you can push it out of line but, if you let the saw do the cutting, it works great. I have done mitered frames and square frames with mine.

I use a power miter box saw (fore-runner to compound miter saws).
Upscale wrote:

IMO a Speed Square and a goog circular saw with a SHARP blade would probably yield a better result.
Whatever you choose without a sharp blade you'll just be hacking.
IMO a Speed Square and a goog circular saw with a SHARP blade would probably yield a better result.
Problem is that I'd be doing the cutting in an apartment, where the spreading of dust is not easily controlled. Slow and easy with a cross cut saw would have the dust fall into a garbage can. Anything else is just a big mess.
Upscale wrote:

How about any old saw and then square it up with a sharp plane and a shooting board?
If you aren't a neander, I'd strongly suggest going with a powered miter saw. I recommend the Dewalt DW703. You can dropped at your door for $179.
JP
Jay Pique wrote:

Ugh. You can have it dropped at your door for $179.
JP
Jay Pique wrote:

Dang UPS, they drop _everything_ <g>.
--