On This Day In Wreck History

This is guaranteed to get 'em crawling out of the woodwork, Bill....

"Lonesome and amorous neanderthal desires curvilinear and nubile shopmate, who can magically transform softwood to hardwood. Must prefer mutual fore planing over a solitary jack. Must enjoy ploughing and have uninhibited passion for the essential joinery - butt and tongue n' groove, but, please, no thoughts of bridle."

Reply to
Tom Watson

Send picture of boat.

Reply to
Leon

Hehehe! Good one! Hard to imagine he'd turn into a fore plane (#6, Jeff) hater!

Reply to
Noons

Around the same time JOAT first showed up, I think.

I haven't really been on the Wreck all this time. I unsubscribed for a long time, came back, went away, came back. I parked my carcass here to stay when I finally got all the mowers and crap out of my shop and was able to settle in for a more serious approach to wood dorking. I wasn't "Silvan" back then yet, and I don't think anyone from the '90s associates me with my more recent round of posts, even though I've *always* had my real name in the .sig; then and now.

'Course these days, hell, Silvan *is* my real name. It happened gradually, but it stuck. I'm as likely to call myself Silvan as Michael these days.

Reply to
Silvan

No, not that I can recall.

A trip through the archives reveals some great stuff by some knowledgable woodworkers.

That wasn't a sentiment, and it was used to great effect, however dishonest.

Maybe, maybe not.

Reply to
p_j

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:55:46 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) scribbled:

Nah, I can always get into the shop - it's attached to the house. This stuff was done a while ago but I waited until the 29th to post it. My real problem is that a number of March 31 work deadlines were looming & I haven't been in the shop or had much time for Wrecking off (tmSM) in the last few weeks.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

Just remember my royalty check. ;)

Reply to
Silvan

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 12:03:34 -0500, Silvan scribbled:

I was about to email you one, but then I realised it was a trade mark, not a copyright or patent. All I need to do there is acknowledge that it is yours whenever I use it, but don't have to pay you anything. So there.