Oil finish for MDO?

I have some MDO cabinets in my shop and some birch plywood cabinets. I'm thinking of applying a BLO and wax finish to them. I'd like them all to look somewhat similar when I'm done.
Does MDO take an oil finish? Is this likely to work?
Thanks for any help.
TIOSS (try it on some scrap)
--
There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Yeah, its MDO.
I know MDO is perfect for painting, but I'm not so sure about oil. I'll test it and see. Its only my shop; my standards aren't all that high. I'd kind of like to give everything that yellowish, oiled wood look.
JackD wrote:

On 07 Oct 2003, WCD spake unto rec.woodworking:

Putting oil on MDO is going to give you that translucent, greasy paper bag full of onion rings look.
Scott Cramer wrote:

Hmmm . . . I think that's probably about right.