O/T: Opinion

Actual conversation as reported by the London Gazette:

Condemned man: "Whatcha hangin' me for, gov'nor? Hangin' me won't bring Charlie back!" Lord High Mayor of London: "Oh, we're not hanging you for killing Charlie. We're hanging you so that others won't kill."

Reply to
HeyBub

Q-ships

Stuart

I've seen them in the 50's as a kid - they were cleaning the streets after a flood. Man on horseback with a big gun.

Mart>>> Lew Hodgett wrote:

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Likely because of the flight risk.