O/T: Jessica

And Abby is off Saturday morning on her trip. Be interesting to see if she overtakes Jessica.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I don't think she's heading for the Horn of Africa. Her proposed route will pass South Africa's coastline, the Cape of Good Hope, but the Horn's too far north to be a waypoint. Tom

Reply to
tom

Yep. Lot of people get Cape Horn and the Horn of Africa confused.

Reply to
J. Clarke

--------------------------------- Making posts too late in the day will get you in trouble.

Since the Atlantic doesn't come in contact with the Horn, a little tough to get there from it without rounding the cape first.

Was picturing Cape of Good Hope in my mind, but just didn't engage brain before using keyboard.

I stand corrected.

Thank you.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

From her 01/31/10 blog:

Only 2000nm to the Cape of Good Hope. That's going to be it from me today as I'm keen to get back outside into the sunshine!

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

From her 02/06/10 blog:

Pretty much sums up her life these days as she heads for Africa.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Boredom is highly underrated. Tom

Reply to
tom

There are advantages to being an only child.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett