need two recommendations

In the market for two new tools (lucky me!).
Can I get the wRECk's opinions/stories on their favorite/most hated jigsaws and/or job-site tablesaws?
TIA,
jc
hey I am a master cabinetmaker and I will only use the bosch barrel Jigsaw it is the best. I have had mine for about 10 years and I put it through the wringer everyday and it has never let me down. I have been in the business for over twenty years , this is the best I have ever seen.

jigsaws
Sorry my bosch is the 1582vs

Joe C wrote:

My favorite jigsaw is the Bosch 1587AVSP.
At the last construction job I worked on they brought in a Powermatic cabinet saw so I'm a bit biased on this item but I've recently used a Bosch 4000-07 and a Craftsman 21830 and I think they both suck.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I love my Bosch, hate my old Craftsman.

No comment. I prefer a used Jet or Delta contractor's saw as a jobsite saw.
Barry
Joe C wrote:

Jigsaws (Best): No question: the bosch 1590EVSK (Worst): No question here either: the Black and Decker POS
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Actually, there is a worse jigsaw; a Wen, circa 1974. (Not that the B&D is so great.) :)
Dave
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

David wrote:

Never had their jig saw but had -- for a couple of months until I showed it the inside of the trash can -- their reciprocating saw of that era.
Truly a POS. Had that quaint drive train like the early PC Biscuit cutter (forget the model number) that bucked conventional wisdom. In Wen's case, at least, everyone could say "I told you so!"

Sort of like saying I don't like to eat at Subway because the ambiance is not as nice as McDonalds. True, but pathetic.
I'd probably use a jig saw a lot more if I had a Bosch rather than the B&D POS

Don't listen to the other guys, Joe..*G*
Milwaukee makes a great jigsaw. I used Bosch for a decade, still think it's good, but just love that Milwaukee.
The 2400 Ridgid jobsite saw is surprisingly good for the money, but I hear raves about a Bosch of similar quality. Didn't FWW just do a bake-off?..Or was it FHB? You won't go wrong with either.
I use a skil variable speed jigsaw with variable orbital settings to cut everything from 3/4" plywood to plexiglas to pvc pipe to thin sheet metal. Does all of these easily and more. I have the older version of model 4380-02 http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?prod_id7215&cm_mmc=1hd.com2froogle-_-product_feed-_-D25X-_-167215
I have one of those too! Great little saw for the money (mine cost as much as a Bosch when I got it years ago), alas it is a thing of the past though, haven't seen one for sale for in about 10 years. Go for the bosh

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?prod_id7215&cm_mmc=1hd.com2froogle-_-product_feed-_-D25X-_-167215
Typically the Bosch and the Milwaukee fall into the favorite category. You cannot go wrong with either. HOWEVER, Look for the ones with the QUICK BLADE CHANGE FEATURE. QUICK in this case is described as "1" second to remove the blade and 3 or 4 seconds to replace the blade. The latest Bosch has this feature and Milwaukee has had this feature for 5+ years.
One to stay away from is the next to the last generation DeWalt, they have a documented history of spitting out the blade during use. I would have never believe it until my friends DeWalt did this repeatedly to me. The latest version may have addressed the problem.

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 10:44:00 GMT, "Leon"

I saw the Bosch one the other day at a HD. Almost wanted to buy one but I was there for something else.

Most hated jigsaw- the Black and Decker. Should have been obvious, but I only needed it for one project, and it didn't even work right for that.
Been away from the computer for a few days. Thank you everyone for the recommendations. I've decided on the Bosch barrel grip 1591EVSK. This fills the immediate need, still not decided on the site saw...
Thanks again,
Joe C.