Need Cushion Supplier

Getting ready to build a mission style loveseat and I am currently looking for a cushion to get these for the project. Anyone ever had the need and find a manufactorer? Looking for leather not fabric and a shop that will do it all. Have searched under replacement cushions and have come up with just foam and outside furnature cushions. Furniture shops must get this from somewhere....

SteveA

Reply to
SteveA

I'd go to a local upholstery shop.

--

Reply to
dpb

I second that.

When I enclosed a carport several years ago, one of the "kid-friendly" things was a window seat for curling up with a book - both kids were/are avid readers and now have master's degrees in their chosen fields (industrial engineer, research librarian).

I took measurements and the local upholstery shop made the cushion to measure - including thickness and fabric.

John

Reply to
John

I wouldn't! For leather I'd want it done right. That means ignoring the local "foam and glue cowboys" and going a bit further afield. Leather is going to cost you, just for materials, so don't spoli it by using someone who doesn't work good quality leather upholstery on a regular basis.

It's also worth using a good grade of filling. I use either traditional upholstery over a wood frame (obviously not here), wool fibre batts for small cushions, or natural latex rubber foam. I never use PU foam.

Check your local fire safety rules too. These are pretty strict here in the UK.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Steve,

Try this guy

is a fairly talented repro builder of Stickley and others. He is making or having made authentic (or better) cushions for his pieces. I'm not sure if he would do just cushions but it's worth a try. By the way, this is one guy who is proving you can make a buck on eBay doing woodworking. He gets about $2k per for his bow arm chairs.

Look under the "Options" section on the left of the page and then you'll have a listing for leather colors. I've just had one or two email exchanges with him and he was generally open in sharing techniques so even if he isn't interested in selling cushions only he might be willing to give you a source or some insights.

BW

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com