Need a bit of design help

I'm in the process of finalizing "plans" for a china cabinet that will be ~86" high. Just recently I came to realize I might not have the door reach anywhere near the top of the cabinet, so there will be a "dead" space of approx 8" above the doors. 4 doors, ea. 15"W, glass/rail/stile, the cabinet ends will be glass panels matching the doors, and finally, the center section will jut out approx 2 inches. The crown molding will be straight (not arched), but will jut out over the center section (follows the carcase shape).
I don't want to leave that area plain and I don't want to attach a cheesy appliqu.
I'll be using 2-1/2" rosettes and flutes at the edges, set at a 45 degree angle to the front.
Any ideas how to gussy up the top section if I'm not a carver?
Looking for a traditional look--not country or rustic.
Lacking a solution, I'll go with plan B: make the doors taller and avoid a large expanse of wood above them.
One cabinet I looked at used an interesting element above the doors. 2 narrow leaded glass "windows" above the doors. I'm sure there's a technical name for them, but let's skip that option anyway.
Let's hear your suggestions!
Dave
The David entity posted thusly:

I don't know the name for them either, but I like the idea a lot. Perhaps if you don't feel up to leading, you could use wood instead. Half-round would do it nicely.

So uh you will be able to tilt or lay the cabinet over in its side to get it in the house, right? That is about 6" taller than a typical door opening,
Leon wrote:

That's just the upper cabinet. the lower cabinet will be 34" high. I was giving the TOTAL height of both upper and lower.
Dave
David wrote:

hmmm... strike the first sentence. the rest is accurate.
dave
"David" wrote

Thanks for clearing that up.
I began to get this visual as to the incredible height of the beings who lived in this house.

Well It wooda mada nice addition to the shop. ;~)
Take the Rosette Carving and cut it laterally in your mind. It is not a difficult profile and would be a good introduction to carving for you. Certainly it would have to be extended, so that it described the upper limb of an ellipse, but that extension should not be a problem. If you stay within the confines of the already described elements of the piece, you may have confidence that your adornment will fit in nicely. Time to ping Lee Valley for their carving tool selection.