Neanders - Klausz mortise chisel?

Have any of you beveled the sides of your mortise chisels as Frank Klausz recommends? If so, how did it work out? Did you draw file the sides or use some other method of working the metal?
It is difficult to not believe him when I view his video. :-)
"Lowell Holmes" wrote ...

I would never do that. I have put a few miles on my favorite mortise chisel and I find that the straight sides help me keep the mortise walls clean and straight. I can cut a mortise so clean and fast with it I just can't see how beveling the sides would help (assuming you mean the steel - I have the video but I haven't seen it in a while). I also have an old one(Marples, I think) that does have beveled sides and the damn thing tends to wander all over for me). If you mean flattening the sides of the handle - definitely. It provides a subconscious alignment aid to help you keep the mortise straight. YMMV
--
Cheers,
Howard

"Lowell Holmes" wrote ...