My simple mailbox, made from recycled wood

Last fall we replaced our Pearson windows. After thirty years, the plastic tracks had almost completely disintigrated, but the cedar they were stapled into was as good as new. I removed the hardware and sliced some of it into strips, then glued up a few panels. Here's a picture of the mailbox I made out of them:
http://www.manyirons.com/Puker/images/mailbox_10-may-2007.JPG
- Owen -
Owen Lawrence wrote:

Nice recycling job!

Nice save - good work!
That was some nice grain in that wood. Something tells me they dont make windows like that anymore either.

Good thing, too. The wood was the only good thing about those windows.
- Owen -

Owen Lawrence wrote:

annual artisans walk and sale. Then it occurred to me that they would never sell because we don't get home delivery. Oh well...
    grumble,     jo4hn
p.s. exquisite job on the box.
Very nice.