My DW733 is leaving lines on my boards

Hello,
I have a DW733 and recently it started leaving two lines on the boards as they passed through the planer. I changed knifes and still the same result. The lines look like someone took a utility knife and scored the board length wise. The lines are on the top of the board as it comes out of the planer. They are about 3 inches in from either side of the planer.
I looked and felt underneath were the rollers and knifes are but could not see or feel anything sharp.
Any one have this happen before?
Larry C

Are the lines raised or are they depressions? Raised usually means that there is a chip in the knives from hitting something hard. Depressions are usually caused by something in the bed.
--
Al Reid

The lines are depressions, like a knife score. And they are on the top of the board opposite the side that touches the bed.

as
result.
length
planer.
not
there is a chip in the knives from hitting something hard.

A roller that got stuck?
--
mare

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:34:14 GMT, Larry C wrote:

Mine leaves lines exactly as you describe, only on mine they are raised. It took a close look to determine that they were raised the first time I saw them, but they are in fact raised and sand or scrape off easily. As someone else posted, this is caused by chips in the blade. I don't know what could be causing recessed lines.
Brian
Becha you got NICKs in a couple of the blades
You might be able to get a bit more life out of those blades before replacement or sharpening by shifting the blades a bit to offset the nicks.
John On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:34:14 GMT, "Larry C"

I changed blades and the lines are in the same place.
wrote:

result.
length
planer.
not
If they are depressions, then you have some crude sticking down and gouging the wood from somewhere in the path the wood is taking
Run a really nice, smooth piece of wood thru with the blades/cutter head adjusted to it doesn't touch the wood. If no depressed line/groove/etc in that situation, then the problem is in the cutter head and I would pull the cutter head and give a good going over for some contaminant stuck on and doing this
John
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:25:32 GMT, "Larry C"

Works when they leave a protrusion, but he has indents.
You can't shift the blades on the 733.
David
John wrote:

I don't think you can sharpen them either, can you? all the info I read on the dewalt said "disposable blades"..

That is incorrect. At least for the 733.

This is correct.