Miter saw laser line adapter

Thinking about purchasing one of those Laser line cutting adapter to my Dewalt 12" Mitre Saw. There seem to be two different kinds a singel laser line and double laser line. If anyone has and used one, your posted comments and brand you're using will be appreciated. Wondering if they are worth installing and if they actually are as accurate as they claim to be.
On 2 Dec 2003 03:23:48 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (dteckie) wrote:

I've played with one, but don't own one, and don't get the advantage. I think it looks neat and high tech, but not for the money.
For me, a shop made zero clearance insert and fence works just as well, if not better, for much less money.
Barry
I have one on my Hitachi C10FS sliding compound miter, and it's a nice-to-have -- certainly not a need to have.
That said, I have one mounted to the ceiling above my Unisaw - the laser is the exact width of my blade. This makes it very easy to see exactly where the blade will cut (most of the time - doesn't work for tilted blade cuts).
I find the later application a lot handier than the first.
Brian
in message (dteckie) wrote:

message (dteckie) wrote:

Barry
Thanks for your feedback. I was hoping I'd get more responses but that's the way the wood dust flies. After researching a few Laser guides I decided to get the LASERKERF. I will post my comments after I install and play with it.
FWIW I have the single line laser on mine. I really like it. Some say it's a waste, but everyone has their own opinion. I just ordered one for SIL for Xmas. He likes coming over to use my saw just for that reason. Once you get used to it, it's hard to use a saw without one.
--
This space for rent.
Jerry The Phoneman

Last I checked, Norm was still using the original PC model, nothing newer. Always interesting to observe what he uses for more than a single season regardless of what the sponsor is selling. If I see him using a newer model for more than one season, then I'd consider it.
For a while, I'm pretty sure he was using a Makita router with the logo taped over (though easily identifiable by the color).