Mission/Arts & Crafts Dresser Mirror

I am looking for a mirror for a Stickley dresser. I saw the type I want some time ago, but not lately. The style I want has some detail like grating in it--kind of a delicate detail. I thought I had gotten some pictures of the type I was looking for, but I guess I was dreaming that I did. Can anyone point me to a web site or web sites that have some pictures of some real nice unusual Arts & crafts dresser mirrors? I have been downloading some I have been seeing here and there, but nothing that has a real spectacular look to it. All I have seen have been kind of boring.

Reply to
Eric Anderson

For less than 20 bucks you can get two volumes of Stickley catalogs from Amazon.

In addition to "Arts and Crafts" you might try searching on "Prairie School" or "Prairie Style". If you're talking about detail in the mirror itself there's an expensive book "Light Screens: The Complete Leaded Glass Windows of Frank Lloyd Wright" that should give you plenty of ideas.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Check out the catalog at this site and you might find something you like.

Reply to
John

On Wed, 19 May 2004 15:08:19 -0400, "John" brought forth from the murky depths:

is stunning, and the Stickley/Ellis servers are great. The $60,000 bookcase threw me, though.

-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks to both of you. I think I was just a little stuck. The additional key words should help. The web site has a couple of very nice designs and the great buildings web site I have seen before, but have lost track of. That site is interesting for many more reasons than my mirror request.

Reply to
Eric Anderson