Mirror made of wood

Plus camera, computer, and a zillion servos
http://axiomsun.com/home/video/mirror_made_of_wood.html

Nothing personal, but could anyone have posted a more boring video on You-Tube? How about a little audio to explain how it works?
DerbyDad03 wrote:

There's about two sentences on the right.
Evidently the poster thought the whole thing was self-explanitory.

Yeah, I saw the text, but I'd still be interested in a little more technical/background info on the mirror.
A "silent movie" of a guy moving his head and hand in front of a mirror is pretty boring, at least to me.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I agree. Had the spectator been a topless model, the movie would have held my interest more.
HeyBub wrote:

No me. I already know what I look like without a shirt. It's not a good thing.
Bill
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

Thank goodness it wasn't TV, where it would have hada patronising explanation aimed at a 4 year old.
If you're likely to care, you can work it out for yourself. It's hardly complicated, just a little high in parts count.

Perhaps the 831 pieces of wood had sides of different colors (light to dark), and the computer rotated the pieces to correspond to the color the camera sees.
HeyBub wrote:

Hmmm...if one had a pixie, one could pixilate their pixie.
--

dadiOH