Measurements

Is there some sort of standard for how inaccurate woodworking measurements can be?
I have been working on a fairly large and complex project and discovered that my depth gauge was 0.02" to 0.03" off, the square disagrees ever so slightly with the tape measure. This doesn't sound like much, but some of my cuts have to be very close to spec and I'm using two different machines (and measurements) to make the cuts.
Everything has been fine up until now because I haven't had to measure the same thing with two instruments. I had always used only one tape measure and regarded its measure as "truth". On this project I broke out the B&S electronic caliper, and a few other measurement tools. I'd put them away and stop all the trouble, but I have to make sure that some pretty tight clearances are met properly without a trial assembly.
Michael
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Ed
Ed,
You just HAD to get that 36/54 degree zinger in, didn't you!
:-)
Jack

Ah, the old 7-1/2 sided box... Otherwise known as "the 108-by-540".
Michael "Who needs metric?" Baglio