Match stain color

I am working on an oak project and would like to match the color with some existing oak. I have used Golden Oak from Watco in the past and the color match is pretty good. Now I have a lot to stain and Watco is pretty time consuming to use. I will be putting polyurathane over the finish in the end. Just wondering if there is an easier way to match the color. Can I start with a Minwax stain (which I prefer to use) and color it to match? What type of coloring (dyes) could I add to Minwax? What other options are there? What do professionals use to match colors?
Andy Arhelger

You can use pigments or stains and dyes that are comparable with the stain to change the tint and hue. Compatible - if the stain is water based you things that will dissolve or at least hang in suspension (pigments) in a water based solution. If the stain is oil based, Most Min Waxes, then you can use oil paints, artist colors, anything soluble in an oil based stain or will stay suspended in it (pigments again),
--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods

I use colors from these folks: www.wdlockwood.com/