making tack cloth

anyone know a good method, I've herd using linseed oil on cheese cloth, and I herd that leaves a sticky residue, any thoughts
Richard
Check the "Crowbar FAQ" is has the answer to that and several other common questions.
George

and
Where is the "Crowbar FAQ" located? Thanks Ron

Try http://www.klownhammer.org/crowbar
George

cloth,
Rebel wrote:

Just answering the above question:
http://www.shavings.net/CrowBarFAQ.HTM
:-)
Andy
HA!! "There's a sucker born every minute" ya got me. bye

http://www.craftsmantooltalk.com/BBS/Woodworking_Tips/194/194/flat-page1.html
I've read the tack cloths are essential soft cloth lightly sprayed/impregnanted with lacquer.
I was thinking the same thing, that I could buy cheescloth and spray lacquer from an aersol can to make my own cloths, but I haven't tried it yet.
Anyone else who has done this?
Incidently, I have found that Rockler has the best prices on tack cloths. Theirs are 49c each at the Renton/Tukwila, WA store. Thats the cheapest I have found so far. They also seem to work better than others I have tried. (ie: last a lot longer).
--
Thanks,
David