major problems in the south.

Page 1 of 2
Not only have we got a new granddaughter born in New York . Not only that, but to make matters worse Manhattan of all places .
So not only are we faced with the major problem of teaching the child all things southern, where the rest of the family hails from but now we can't even say when asked where she came from "somwhere just north [in a very quiet tone] of the Mason Dixon line.
Now to compound the problem , the wife who is up there [I thought trying to get an early jump on the situation] has suddenly taken a liking to New Jersey, saying she would not mind living there .
Tell me, what else can go wrong, the sky is falling .....mjh -- mike hide

Take a look: www.radburn.org
--
Best regards
Han

By the way, what ever posssed ya'll in wanting to go up yonder? Over yonder I understand but "up yonder" ???? Ahhd' drag 'em back rat cheer.

Send her back up there in January... Then see if she still thinks living up there would be nice.

up
I'll have to second Leon's advice. My wife was born and raised here in the big ATL. I'm a yankee transplant from Buffalo. We had to go to Buffalo for a funeral over Christmas back in 2001...and if any of y'all live in that vicinity, you will remember that a whole bunch of snow fell that week. Needless to say that cured SWMBO from ever wanting to live up north. It was a bittersweet thing for me...but I think I'll have to take bbq and sweet tea over good hockey anyday...although my old lacrosse sticks are pretty much useless here :)
Rob
http://www.amateurtermite.com
I have relatives in Buffalo on my wife's side. One lives near the Niagara river across the street from a park. Tonawanda Street. They too remember that snow.. ;~)

Isn't that close to Maryland and Delaware? Did you know that some consider those states as "Southern States?" NJ is really not that far then. Is it?

consider
it?
The Mason-Dixon line runs through New Jersey.
Dennis Vogel
Dennis snipped-for-privacy@patmedia.net wrote:

If it walked it would get mugged.
Or would, had it been surveyed there.

That was an old out-date map.
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:44:20 -0400, "Dennis snipped-for-privacy@patmedia.net"

Jersey sucks but you couldn't pay me enough to live in the south.

Clint its not about paying to live in the south, its heretage, the stars and bars, fried ocra, barbeque, catfish suppers, RC cola ,coke , playing golf in december, the Masters having a workshop in the back of the yard with heat and AC laughing at the yankees when the power goes out. having the best college teams in the country [football that is ] going to the "Thrashers " game when its a 100 degrees in the shade . It,s not about paying to be anywhere Clint ,it"s all of the above and more.
And hey Clint I'm an immigrant, just imagine how the locals feelabout situations like this ,it"s just very distressing...
By the way Georgia will be number one this season, mark my words... mjh
-- mike hide

that,
all
can't
Could be worse. My eldest married a Texas girl. I can hear the confusion now when they have kids. "Y'all want to go Green Bay, eh?"

Mike, we are so glad you could get a visa to come to the South and visit!! If you pass the test (and you have a good start), you "may" can get a green card or even citizenship (maybe).
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:22:16 GMT, "George"

Jersey! Yuck. I had to spend too many summer vacations in Lodi (near Pasaic??) Just take her around the the seedier areas which happens to be most of NJ so she can get a look at the dark underbelly of that State. High taxes, high crime, no RKBA.
These comments from a Michigander who would take any part of the south over having to live in NJ.
I wish you well,
Wes