Major, major, major Lee Valley gloat.

Page 1 of 3

Robin Lee tells me they've ordered signs for the construction site, so I don't feel I'm breaching any confidences to say...
SASKATOON IS FINALLY GETTING A LEE VALLEY STORE!!!!
And, it's only about 6 blocks from work. Joy!
Rob, can you send me bank account info? I'll just have the paycheck deposited directly.
As a further mini-gloat, I was in Winnipeg and Edmonton this past week, so got to visit two LV stores.
The Edmonton store is larger and very, very nice (much larger and nicer than ther old one) but the Winnipeg store had a lot more I was interested in on their clearance shelves.
;-)
From (just) south of the border.
"bite me" (because we know it aint come'n here)
or the more traditional
you suck.

You'll just have to come visit. We still enjoy seeing real money... ;-)
I have been considering that for a while; 'bout a 3 hour trip to Ottowa though. I'd lke to take in a seminar to make the trip worthwhile but the fill up so fast.

My wife is canadian. "Dollar for dollar... blah blah blah...". The duty free gets most of our wine budget, does that count? :-)
Cheers,
Steve .....1/2 mile from Quebec, but Rob won't open a store there either :-(
Half mile from the border you say? I think we have just identified where we can have all of our US purchases shipped and held for pick up. Thanks, JG
C & S wrote:

My

If it's a tool, and I get to fondle it before it heads north, I'm in!
My basement is already my BIL's personal wine cellar.
-Steve

Where are you?
We're planning to move to Coos County, NH (the Berlin area). I think that would be a perfect place for an LV store. :-)
Kevin
Kevin Craig wrote:

While the Northeast might not be a bad idea, there is no doubt that Souther California would be a far better location for a LV store. I was speaking to the order-taking lady last winter and while she was filling my order we chatted about the weather. Canada - cold, wet snowy. SoCal - (that day at least) mid-eighties, slight breeze. Even the LV employee stated a preference for SoCal. Give your poor, hard-working employees a break, Robin. This IS the place for a new location!!!!
Glen

Hi Glen -
Would that part of California be on the right side, or the left side of the fault line??? :)
Important to know, for long term planning......
Cheers -
Rob
Robin Lee wrote:

Andreas fault will fall into the Atlantic.     jolt,     jo4hn (on the left side and way above)

Cool - I can hit about 8,000 feet in 30 minutes - so I'll finally get that Island Retreat I always wanted...
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:18:08 -0400, the opaque "Robin Lee"

According to Murphy's Law, when the Big One hits LoCal, everything east of the San Andreas Fault will fall into the Atlantic.
Choose your location wisely, Rob.
---------------------------------------------- Never attempt to traverse a chasm in two leaps http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design ==========================================================

_which_ fault line?
scott

Robin, that would be on the left side of the Nannygoat Hill fault line (that's the one that causes that steep hill up Booth Street here in Ottawa :-)
Hope this helps,
Dave O'H oheareATmagmaDOTca
Robin Lee wrote:

front property. ;-)
Glen
The only problem with putting a store in SO. Cal is who could afford to live there? I wouldn't live in a home that costs 200K there. Any thing worth living in there would costs at least 800K or more. Any thing less than that would not buy a home big enough for a wood shop. I think Lee Valley would be better off locating in Central Illinois where one could buy a new home with a 3 car garage for 250K on a decent size lot too.

SOMEBODY lives there! Ever noticed the clogged freeways??
Dave
Dave wrote:

That's how they avoid having to buy a house.
Mike
Dave Balderstone wrote:

warmer. Cochran, for instance.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
Dave Balderstone wrote:

<snip>
Have you started training for lunch hour six block sprints yet? ;-)
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA