Lubricating Delta Shaper Spindle?

I just acquired an old Rockwell Delta Heavy Duty Shaper. The spindle cartridge is a bit dry inside. What is the recommended way of reviving them? I couldn't find anything in the manual or on a Google search. I can soak the whole cartridge but what type of grease it is supposed to end up with? TIA.
Tia
Is this the shaper where you change spindle and cartridge just to change the spindle?

Jules wrote:

(that was "thanks in advance")

The 1/2" and 3/4" arbors will both fit in the 1/2" cartridge, to use the 1" arbor you need a 1" bore spindle cartridge, which I am currently watching ebay for. I've got the spindle moving freely and soaking in oil, but I want to make sure it's correctly lubricated before using it in the shaper.
Mike

Well there must be some high speed bearing lubricant at an auto shop? I don't worry about mine because I don't use it. Ha! I hope it turns next time I turn it on, it has been a while. I have a later model shaper. I use it to keep my basement floor from floating away.
Check many of the woodworking catalogs for Router Bearing lube, designed to handle 25-30k rpm speeds
John
On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:20:30 -0500, Jules

John Crea wrote:

Thanks. I got some lube in it by various methods, but it seems strange that there is no fitting or obvious way of lubricating the inside of the cartridge.

Some folks drill and install a ZERK fitting so they use a grease gun to inject a quality grease into the bearing areas. Procede at your own risk, you CAN screw things up if you dont' procede with this carefully
John

John Crea wrote:

Delta claims the cartridge can not be serviced, but I talked to a few guys today who say they can be pulled apart and the bearings replaced. That's probably the way I'll have to go eventually.

Why ATP, if your name is Mike?
ATP wrote:

Jules wrote:

Just a handle, relevant to another group I participate in.