Looking for plans for Jazz Band Music Stands...

Hello,
Would like to make some "Tommy Dorsey style" music stands for the Local High School Jazz Band
Basically wood on 3 sides hinged with a tilted surface...easy setup and takedown for traveling bands. not hard but would like to get the scale correct.
I know they're shorter than most so as not to deflect sound and allow for standing solos...
If anyone can direct me to a set of plans for reference it would be helpful...
Thanks you in advance.
Tom Hartsell Austin, TX
snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com

http://www.getwoodworking.com/projects/musicstand /
Rob
Nice design, but nothing at all like what a musician in a Jazz band needs..
Bob

That is one of the neatest stands I've seen. But won't do the job for a jazz band.
Maybe check the local musicians union. They may know some old-timers they could put you in touch with. Did Tommy Dorsey, Charlie Barnett, Guy Lombardo et al have roadies?
DexAZ

I would try this at rec.music.makers.builders. If nobody there has a plan, they may be able to point you in the right direction.
OTOH, you could just fiddle around with cardboard and duct tape or something till you get it right. It cuts and joins easy, and it sure is cheap.
-Phil Crow