Kitchen cabinets

I have oak kitchen cabinets that are in very good shape except for a couple of doors where the edges are worn and a couple of drawer fronts with some flaking and rought spots. I don't want to have to refinish the whole set of cabinet. Can you "spot refinish" I wondered can I use steel wool on the spots and then just rub in stain> Or is there some kind of wood restoration I could use since it is not a widespread problem on the cabinets?
Janis wrote:

I see an ad now and again for repairing wood floors but don't know how or even why it would work. Maybe a Google search on "repairing wood floors" ? So much depends on what kind of finish is already on the cabinets.
Josie
See if www.refinishwizard.com helps.
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:01:33 -0500, "firstjois"

firstjois wrote:

See:
http://www.detnews.com/2003/homeimprovement/0304/05/e01-126655.htm
I've not tried it.