Kinda like woodwork, trim and stuff.

Page 1 of 2
1" thick HDU, two coats of Jay Cook primer. 2 coats of OneShot black enamel Sponges and feathers. 2 coats of UV resistant clear.
Sign is 3 pieces. One seam across, one seam vertical. Done with TruMatch (wavy bit) and Gorilla Glue. At 67" x 107" the thing had to be done in sections because my CNC is only 50 x 100
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/481LR.jpg
On Thu, 19 May 2011 20:47:28 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Sprayed?
Ooh, kinky!

Is the face it sits on perfectly flat, or did you use some sort of mechanism to align them?

Nicely done...fer a feather (or banana) merchant.
-- It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctively native American criminal class except Congress. -- Mark Twain

Nope. Rolled with a minor scuff in betwixt.

Naa, I didn't use the whole chicken..

1" HDU (18#) is pretty rigid. It is flat on its own. Tapcons along the top and aluminum rail along the bottom. The rest sort hoover on a bed of DAP 50-year silicon.

R:
Very nice. Fine calligraphic choice. Smart spacing. Wise finish with the clear coats.
The people at the facial reconstruction clinic will love it even in Braille.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
On 5/19/11 10:47 PM, Robatoy wrote:

sheesh. stop it already. :-p
--

-MIKE-

Ya kidding? Just picked up a nice job from Holiday Inn to do some golf course signs. A really nice gig. Few restrictions, aside from the obvious, like logo and type-style.
On 5/20/11 7:41 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Sounds like that retirement is going well. :-)
--

-MIKE-

"Robatoy" wrote:

GORILLA GLUE?
Damn you are gutsy.
Lew

Talked to all kinds of sign people on different forums and nothing works as well as Gorilla glue on HDU. It is essentially the same material. That glue has its place, but I am not sure that woodworking is it. It's sure is yucky to work with. Then, while leveling the seam, the GG sands as nice as the HDU ... and it is waterproof.
Robatoy wrote:

Very, very nice. You are a true feather master.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

particular faux finish..like 'less is more'.
On 5/19/2011 10:47 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Beautifully executed programming!
Which planet are the visitors from?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Thank you, kind sir.

Who knows around here?... but I think the architect (his basic lay- out) mentioned he had some schooling in Texas. <G>

BTW, Did you notice one of the potlights is directly on a seam? Clever or what. Idiots.....

Yep ... but par for the course. First rule of a subcontractor is to always place the worst board, tile, ugliest piece, seam at the entrance! A stick of #3 always ends up on the threshold.
--
www.ewoodshop.com

Kind of hard to make the potlights look uniform considering the underside beadboard isn't uniformly placed.

That's sortakinda the gist of the problem. Few trades ever think of those who are to follow them.
On 5/20/11 9:51 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Gee, you think he started on the left or right? :-)
--

-MIKE-

Robatoy wrote the following:

Yes, it looks like the lights are centered over the doors originally, but looking at the spacing of the panels, it wouldn't have worked unless on of the lights were repositioned.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote the following: