Just a few thou can ruin a joint.

Page 2 of 3

The glue reactivates the DNA so it grows until there is 25 lbs / sq inch of pressure.
Who woulda thought...
John
Is there a motto for this stuff, yet?
"Give us some slack"
or
"For sloppy woodworkers"?
or
"Never blow a joint again"?
or
"When you like it tight"?
or
"No sloppy seconds for me"?
or
never mind...may be kids reading.
The glue reactivates the DNA so it grows until there is 25 lbs / sq inch of pressure.
Who woulda thought...
John
John Grossbohlin wrote:

Just add water?
Bill
On 11/4/2010 5:32 PM, Bill wrote:

No, it has to the natural byproduct of Shiner Beer, applied naturally ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Lew will insist on Gougeon Bros Single Malt with micro balloons.
"Robatoy" wrote:

----------------------------------- Good for many things; however, this application requires "Little Greenies" that have received primary processing and are ready for direct application.
Lew
On 11/4/2010 5:51 PM, Swingman wrote:

Did somebody mention Shiner? Hot dang, I'm off to the fridge... :-)
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Thats filtered first... right?
Mark

Into the wood fibers. You sure you're not using adhesive caulk? :)

It is neat, but they cannot demonstrate any real need for the pricey tools they sell
On 11/3/10 10:04 PM, Larry W wrote:

There are lots of tools we don't "need."
--

-MIKE-

Really? Just for information's sake, try asking Leon how often he uses his Kerfmaker Pro? Or perhaps, ask Bridge City what the waiting period is for one of their Jointmaker Pro tools? Most would consider them extremely pricey and the waiting period is months and months. But, low and behold, there are many people on the waiting list for one. That includes me.
Need and price are most certainly relative to the person that is going to use the tool. When you get down to it, few of us need more than a pocket knife to build our projects, but it sure is nice and convenient to have those additional tools on hand.

Well of course it really comes down to opinion and individual preference in this instance. For my own needs and preferences, I stand by my statement of opinion that the Kerfmaker is an unnecessary, exorbitantly priced, and overrated tool. I'll stick with the old method, accurate, tried and true in my experience, and described in the past on the rec, of cutting any old piece of scrap as a guide. YMMV and your opinion may be different. That's what makes the world and usenet go round.
On Nov 4, 5:32pm, snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote:

It's so much quicker to have firm opinions on tools you've never used. And cheaper.

Indeed it is, I must admit when I first saw the B&D adjustable wrench with a battery powered motor to do the adjusting, I reached a similar opinion even more quickly. On the other hand, I really like my old Delta cast iron tenoning jig, and there are plenty here on the rec that will tell me I'm a fool for having one. :)
On 11/4/2010 4:46 PM, Larry W wrote:

Wanna sell it? I have a more modern Delta tenoning jig and it's great (WHO says a tenoning jig isn't as useful as a pocket on a shirt?) but if you have the one I think you do then I'm jealous.

<...snipped...>
We probably have the same one, mine isn't _that_ old. It's a 34-183. About the same as the current 34-184: (Amazon.com product link shortened)88917308&sr=8-1
I've seen the older model you're probably thinking of, I don't know if I could even lift it! The 1172 model: http://www.owwm.com/photoindex/detail.aspx?idT57

On 11/4/2010 7:40 PM, Larry W wrote:

Yes, we do. Mine is also the 34-183. I've use mine a LOT, and it's a very useful tool.

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of, or at least some variation thereof. No doubt our modern versions have more features and are probably more useful, but I'd still like to have one of those old jobbies if I could find one.
On 11/4/2010 4:34 PM, RicodJour wrote:

I recall a similar recent conversation about the Grr-Ripper.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Well, in this cas, my firm opinion is practical. I own a Kerfmaker Pro. Been in my possession since the beginning of October. I've only used it twice, but both times, the joints were flawless.
All this stuff about being overpriced and unnecessary overlooks several things. The first is that similar joints made by me in the past were poorly done. Obviously, that's my fault because I hadn't learned the proper procedures. Now with the Kerfmaker my joints are exceptional. Maybe I might be criticised for spending my money and taking what some might call a shortcut. But, now I have the confidence and ability to construct them well and will do so. Isn't that the most important thing in woodworking, to build ever better constructed projects? Doesn't matter so much as how you get there, just that you find a means to do so.