Ipe wood scrap

OK I finished my deck and thanks to the herringbone pattern have a suprisingly small amount of scrap. I would like to burn it this winter in my fireplace - it certainly is a hardwood but is it to "oily" to use in the fireplace - that is would it gum up the chimmney? That is why everone says to not use 2x4 scrap.

???

Reply to
new

Are they nuts? This would costs far less than that in length! I just bought a 1x10 by 10 feet for 1.83 a linear foot! a 1x6 is 1.45 a foot this is thinner and sharter!

Are people that stupid?

Reply to
new

yes, evidently, some people are

Reply to
Charlie Spitzer

Ahem,

Well, so far no one is...

-Jack

Reply to
JackD

You better believe it. No examples are leaping out at me, but I can think of plenty of times where people have paid ridiculously inflated prices for items that were currently available through conventional retail channels. For some, it's the thrill of being the one to put in that final gigantic bid in the last 12 seconds and beating everyone else at any cost.

Reply to
Silvan

Actually there is one bid now. Its amazing what wood is going for on eBay. If I had some money to toss around I'd start buying up wood scraps and hit eBay. I could quit my lousy job and retire to the shop while some minimum wage worker dealt with shipping orders out.

Reply to
me

Forget what I said about eBay. That stuff will ruin your fireplace. What's your address? Maybe I could come by and get that trash out of your yard for you.

Reply to
me