IPE Deck Finished!

Page 2 of 2

Not

Ok, Ipe will burn. I burn scraps in the fire place. It just tends to burn when it is in a fire. Remove it from the fire and it often quits burning.
And that is probably Steve Knight. The mouth blocks on his older style planes were made out of Ipe also.
My goof, I meant Steve. I have one of his high angle coffin smoothers. Ipe sole and it is a dream machine.
Regards.
On Tue, 30 May 2006 14:11:52 GMT, "Leon"

That is a GORGEOUS deck!
- Owen -
Owen:
Thanks.
Regards.
On Mon, 29 May 2006 17:55:55 -0400, "Owen Lawrence"

This is a nasty trick, but I didn't fall for it. My wife was nearby and I waited until she was out of the room to look. Glad I did or I'd be re-doing mine next week.
Nice job.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Ooops! Next time I'll post a fair warning with the link. Can't have wives coming up with projects for us, now can we? Unless, of course, the project will require a special tool from LV - hmm, gotta start planning that one. What project absolutely requires a low angle jack plane? Hmmm.
Regards.