Inca 12" Table Saw

I have an acquaintance who has a 12" Inca Table Saw but no books. The blade raising/lowering mechanism is not working correctly. It comes down easily but he says it takes the strength of two men to crank it up. I have not looked at it yet but he says he has cleaned out all the sawdust etc. and that it has two rods for raising. Anyone have one of these or the book with a breakdown in it. I suspect a bad set of acme threads or simple binding between the two rods. Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@teleport.com (Steve) wrote in

Garrett Wade in New York was a distributor for Inca back in the day, and likely has what you need.
Patriarch
I have an Inca Major 10" saw and also found the table easy to drop and hard to raise. The problem ended up being sawdust collecting in the bronze bushings in which the raising mechanism road. I disassembled the saw and cleaned the bushings completely. I also used a silicone based lubricant that eased the mechanism substantially. I don't think the same design is shared between these models (the Major is a raising table and the 12" Inca is a raising blade) but the source of the problem may be the same. Check the raising mechanism thoroughly and libricate it. I used Tri Star Lube, a super low friction spray lubricant.