I Would Buy...

... a router that fits in the insert of my Grizzly contractor saw.
My 2HP DW 621 almost fits, if the handles were taken off.
-- Mark
Mark,
2-HP is considered small by most on this group for a table router setup. This is mainly do to the large bits that lend them selves to table only use. If your not going to do raised panels etc you may get by. Just take the handles off. I have a 2-1/4 HP Bosch 1617 in my table but, so far all I've been doing is dovetails and box joints and a little joining practice so I get along fine. When I get more proficient I'll go for a 3-1/2 HP.
--
Erik "Grumpa" Ahrens
Apprentice Termite
"Erik" <erikl_nospam_at_nospam_syserco.com> wrote in message

They think it's 2-1/4 HP on the Bosch web site! (1617EVS)

Hope this isn't a double post - I don't see my first reply - Anyway, Bosch seems to think it is 2-1/4 HP on their web site.
--
Erik "Grumpa" Ahrens
Apprentice Termite

Remove the 'remove' in my address to e:mail me.

My DW621 seems to just fine in a table setup. I have found with the larger cutters to take a few passes, increasing in depth and have had no problems. cc
I would buy a router that was made with extra travel on the motor so you could raise it high enough to compensate for the thickness of the adapter plates and table casting, I lose about 3/4" with mine.