I need to get another portable planer fast what one though?

Page 2 of 2

Hey Steve, a couple of question for you. I know that you use a lot of exotic hardwoods for your planes.
Is the Delta sufficient for that kind of work?
Did you wear out your original Delta planer faster because of the kind of wood you use?
And not that I am pitching another kind of planer or anything, but wouldn't it make sense to go to a bigger planer?
Obviously you will make the decisions that seem right for you. I was just wondering what your reasoning/logic was.
Thanks.

well it is for me because I seldom do large pieces of wood. if Aiwa running full boards through it would not be.

no not really. the rubber shreaded because the wacky way I do things. the knives acutely go longer because tearout is less of an issue.

no because I work with smaller pieces of wood. so a bigger planer would need me to stay with longer pieces. plus I vary the thickness so much it would be a pain to adjust a larger planer all the time. Knight-Toolworks http://www.knight-toolworks.com affordable handmade wooden planes
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:07:59 -0700, Steve knight

Tried looking around the Houston area ? I hear it's a popular place to go shopping for planers 8-)