I'll miss you Farrah

Page 1 of 2
What man or boy who lived through 70's doesn't remember this poster?
http://graneyandthepig.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/farrahfawcettposter.jpg

Nice, but I was always more a Kate Jackson fan.
Still, that is one awful way to go, and so young yet...
Rest In Peace, Whacky Blonde!

Man alive.
What I remember most is the Noxema Shave Cream commercials with Joe Namath:
"Take it off..... take it all off....."
Yikes. Two yikes and half.
Sadly, her passing has been eclipsed by the sudden death of Michael Jackson.
A beautiful, talented actress who displayed a lot of courage during her fight with cancer.
A child molesting, pop star who dangled his baby from a balcony and tried to change his race.
Go figure.
RonB
I'm sad to here about him and feel for his his family too but no eclipse here. Her shining sun out shone that burned out pop star long ago.

SonomaProducts.com wrote:

Most definitely. She was also one of those rare starlets who aged gracefully and didn't embarrass herself like so many others have done.

One of my workers theorized that Farah could now go in quiet dignity and peace. No hoopla. I watched her documentary. She was strong. Mark Sanford is pretty happy, I bet.

And yet we all know who will get the great bulk of the headline space. How sad.
Reply-to address is real John
RonB wrote:

successful musician, performer and writer. Such collections as "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" were critically and commercially successful, the latter being the largest selling album of all time. At the time I thought about buying one but airplay was saturated with it. IIRC seven of the songs on "Thriller" reached the top 10. Like it or not, he was huge.
I have the greatest respect for Michael's talent and in his day he was the king. May he rest in peace. I think it is actually fitting that Farrah could have some of the glare taken off of her passing to give her just some minor amount of privacy.
Honestly, the gal went a bit bonkers herself in the last few years but I don't think her smile was every hiding any thing as some others do. It was just her joy coming through.

And I never could understand why.

Doesn't make it not so. Was the discussion about you?
On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:13:40 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Maybe you don't appreciate pop music?

Not that particular type of pop music, anyway.... My tastes in pop music run more toward Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Ray Vaughan, George Thorogood, and the like.
Main thing, though, is that I rarely watch TV. I listen to the radio. Don't watch music videos -- so I never saw, and don't care, how well the guy could dance. All I have to go on is what I can hear, and IMO he was at best a mediocre singer and songwriter. Seems to me MJ was more style than substance.
"Doug Miller" wrote:

WHO?
When these people can even think about trying to do Ella's material, let me know.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Or Etta's ... if you haven't already, rent "Cadillac Records", worth it.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
RonB wrote:

Agree ... Nothing more than a POS venerated by a culture steeped in wretched excess.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
RonB wrote:

She was all of that, and the subject of one of the iconic images of the '70s besides.

Hey, he couldn't help being nuts. Far as I know he never hurt anybody or even wanted to. Always struck me as an insanely talented little kid who never had to grow up.
A world without either of them seems somehow diminished. Without both even more so. Whatever else you have to say about them, neither one was ordinary.
RonB wrote:

Sadly Ed McMahon, Carsons sidekick passed away on Tuesday. He was not a weirdo super freak but an ex WWII Marine and a fighter pilot in the Korean war.

Ed showed a lot of courage risking his life for his country. His many, many years entertaining America every night is a side issue.

Lots of folks died this week, most of them I don't know. Of these 3 "stars", I won't miss any of them. My good buddy and golf partner died last week, him I'll miss.
--
Jack
Jack Stein wrote:

Well put, Jack ... all the hoopla and canceling of regular programming to run prime time specials on, and venerate, a sleazy child molester who took advantage of a "justice for sale" legal system, was a thoroughly disgusting display of misplaced sentiment ... but, about what we've come to expect from a shallow, ignorant, media driven, culture.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08