I have a friend who is starting up

my friend is starting up a Joinery service to work locally and also in the UK, he is skilled and would welcome any small jobs you can see his website at

have a look at his site and tell him what you think any advice would be well taken, and anyone who can teach him woodworking skills would be welcome to ask for a teaching wage

Reply to
Damian Brown

I think this piece of shit website is a poor excuse for a way to harvest email addresses. Go away.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

In the words of Captain Kirk, "You Klingon bastard!"

Reply to
J. Garland

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:59:09 -0400, "J. Garland" calmly ranted:

In the immortal words of Spock "I find it rather amusing" that:

1) a totally unusable novice web page like that was hosted under the PHP Expert domain, 2) that he resold records/tapes/DVDs,

and

3) that he had a Kreg (or other) pocket hole jig (though he didn't know anything about actual woodworking) and was selling "joinery".

Amazing.

P.S: I also was mistaken about the site. I thought it might be about a barrelmaker or something.

----------------------------------------- Jack Kevorkian for Congressional physician!

Wondrous Website Design =================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I think it is lame and so are you for trying to pass it off as legit.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

What's his name-----Damian Brown?

Reply to
George G

More like Millard P Chickenboner; spammers/phishers never use their real names. BTW, they never read the newsgroups they spam either, so responding is a waste of time. (yeah, I know, shame on me too)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

his name is Jason Cooper and he is a new friend

I was only asking for help for him I am not getting anything for it

my name is Damian John Paul Brown look for me next year when I stand against Jack Straw in Blackburn

I have been in the internet for about 10 years now and I was selling things over the net before most people knew about it

I am helping another new friend, you can see his site at

Damian Brown

So you're an exploiter rather than a contributor, or where are you going with that claim?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

snipped-for-privacy@bleachboys.com (Damian Brown) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

And since I live in Canada, you can guess how thrilled I am by this...

Reply to
Murray Peterson

Not just any joinery, either. "High-class" joinery.

I recently read that Christian Beckvoorst just put out his 500th commissioned piece. He's busy enough; maybe he's thinking about starting to farm out some of his "high-class joinery."

Barring that, maybe we could google that guy who blew through here a few months ago with that professional high-class webpage full of high-class professional shop pictures showing the high-class professional laundry and exceedingly high-class shop rags hanging over his table saw. These two could put a partnership together and take over the professional high-class joinery world.

Client: "I asked for 'Shaker'. I expected hand-cut dovetails."

These guys: "Well, Mrs. Higgenbottom, the Shakers were emminantly practical people. They _would_ have used pocket screws if they'd had this jig! Dovetails are okay, if that's what you're willing to settle for, but using screws is the _hallmark_ of truly high-class joinery."

...Hmmm...

Reply to
Michael Baglio

So why is the web page so damn ugly ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Well, there were people making ugly web pages a long time ago too... remember the tag?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Thank God that one got it's rightful place on the HTML trash heap.

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

for me.

More seriously, what kind of "help" are you giving this guy? A web page with links to vinyls for sale, a cartoon of a person working plaster, and a link to an e-mail address. All this, plus an e-mail harvesting input. Most web pages would have a picture of the person, some of his previous work, and some further information about place of business.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Hey, if he only charges a $35 service call fee, you could have quite a bargain. :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita