I have a friend who is starting up

my friend is starting up a Joinery service to work locally and also in the UK, he is skilled and would welcome any small jobs you can see his website at http://www.phpexpert.org/coopers /
please have a look at his site and tell him what you think any advice would be well taken, and anyone who can teach him woodworking skills would be welcome to ask for a teaching wage
I think this piece of shit website is a poor excuse for a way to harvest email addresses. Go away.
Frank

In the words of Captain Kirk, "You Klingon bastard!"
calmly ranted:

In the immortal words of Spock "I find it rather amusing" that:
1) a totally unusable novice web page like that was hosted under the PHP Expert domain,
2) that he resold records/tapes/DVDs,
and
3) that he had a Kreg (or other) pocket hole jig (though he didn't know anything about actual woodworking) and was selling "joinery".
Amazing.
P.S: I also was mistaken about the site. I thought it might be about a barrelmaker or something.
----------------------------------------- Jack Kevorkian for Congressional physician! http://www.diversify.com Wondrous Website Design ================================================
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:14:55 -0700, Larry Jaques

Not just any joinery, either. "High-class" joinery.
I recently read that Christian Beckvoorst just put out his 500th commissioned piece. He's busy enough; maybe he's thinking about starting to farm out some of his "high-class joinery."
Barring that, maybe we could google that guy who blew through here a few months ago with that professional high-class webpage full of high-class professional shop pictures showing the high-class professional laundry and exceedingly high-class shop rags hanging over his table saw. These two could put a partnership together and take over the professional high-class joinery world.
Client: "I asked for 'Shaker'. I expected hand-cut dovetails."
These guys: "Well, Mrs. Higgenbottom, the Shakers were emminantly practical people. They _would_ have used pocket screws if they'd had this jig! Dovetails are okay, if that's what you're willing to settle for, but using screws is the _hallmark_ of truly high-class joinery."
...Hmmm...

I think it is lame and so are you for trying to pass it off as legit.
What's his name-----Damian Brown?
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:48:48 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (George G) wrote:

More like Millard P Chickenboner; spammers/phishers never use their real names. BTW, they never read the newsgroups they spam either, so responding is a waste of time. (yeah, I know, shame on me too)
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (George G) wrote in message

his name is Jason Cooper and he is a new friend
I was only asking for help for him I am not getting anything for it
my name is Damian John Paul Brown look for me next year when I stand against Jack Straw in Blackburn
I have been in the internet for about 10 years now and I was selling things over the net before most people knew about it
I am helping another new friend, you can see his site at http://www.phpexpert.org/plasterer /

So you're an exploiter rather than a contributor, or where are you going with that claim?
On 1 Sep 2004 08:19:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@bleachboys.com (Damian Brown) wrote:

Congratulations.
So why is the web page so damn ugly ?

Well, there were people making ugly web pages a long time ago too... remember the <blink> tag?

Thank God that one got it's rightful place on the HTML trash heap.
On 1 Sep 2004 08:19:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@bleachboys.com (Damian Brown) wrote:

Note to self: Don't ever let Damian "help" me out by building a web page for me.
More seriously, what kind of "help" are you giving this guy? A web page with links to vinyls for sale, a cartoon of a person working plaster, and a link to an e-mail address. All this, plus an e-mail harvesting input. Most web pages would have a picture of the person, some of his previous work, and some further information about place of business.
snipped-for-privacy@bleachboys.com (Damian Brown) wrote in

And since I live in Canada, you can guess how thrilled I am by this...

Hey, if he only charges a $35 service call fee, you could have quite a bargain. :-)