How to store extra jointer/planer knives?

I have accumulated some spare knives for my jointer/planer. I'm looking for suggestions for storing these. I obviously want to protect the cutting edges. I thought of cutting some slots in plywood for them but I'm concerned that prolonged exposure to any moisture in the plywood may cause rust. Anyone have experience with this?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: > I have accumulated some spare knives for my jointer/planer. I'm > looking for suggestions for storing these.
Talk to a sharpening service.
Most of what I've seen are wrapped in an oil impregnated paper of some kind.
Lew
As mentioned by another poster, your best choice is to individually wrap them in paper which is impregnated with Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors (VCI paper). It works best when you can seal the wrapped items in a plastic bag or a box. The VCI chemicals will evaporate in open air and the paper will lose its protective properties quickly.
Unfortunately, I don't know where you can buy just one or two sheets of the stuff. I buy it in a 200 yard roll for my steel angle blocks. Send me your address in email and I will send you some.
Thanks, Ed Bennett snipped-for-privacy@ts-aligner.com http://www.ts-aligner.com Home of the TS-Aligner
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

As mentioned by another poster, your best choice is to individually wrap them in paper which is impregnated with Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors (VCI paper). It works best when you can seal the wrapped items in a plastic bag or a box. The VCI chemicals will evaporate in open air and the paper will lose its protective properties quickly.
Unfortunately, I don't know where you can buy just one or two sheets of the stuff. I buy it in a 200 yard roll for my steel angle blocks. Send me your address in email and I will send you some.
Thanks, Ed Bennett snipped-for-privacy@ts-aligner.com http://www.ts-aligner.com Home of the TS-Aligner
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

They arrive well-oiled, like a Saturday night drunk. Keep them that way, and stack, secure with some saran wrap.