How "out of flat" can a bandsaw table be?

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a new band saw, and received it today. Overall I'm very pleased with the saw. In going over it with a fine tooth comb, however, I stumbled on an issue that gave me concern. I placed my flat edge (a Starrett, so I know it's accurate) over the table, and found there to be a sag in the middle. Using my feeler gauges, I determined that it has a .014 inch gap in the center. My table saw is a Powermatic, and it's dead flat. I'm scratching my head, wondering exactly what to do, so I thought I'd ask other bandsaw owners what they've noticed about their own bandsaws in this department. I'm going to call the company later this week, but I was hoping to get a few responses first...

Thanks!

Reply to
Tbone Dano