How can I make this cut repeatably on my table saw

I am planning to make some wine cork trivets. See here for an example:
http://justcorks.com/wctrivet.htm
I plan to make the 4 sides of the trivet out of cherry with a roundover using a 3/4" roundover bit on my router table. I have been making a prototype out of pine to see what issues I run into. There is no problem making the roundover cut. The problem is when I go to the tablesaw to cut off the rounded over part. If I place the rounded over part to the left so that the flat side of the board is up against the fence, I run the risk of having the cut round overs being slightly different width which will not work when I miter the joints. By this I mean that I will cut off the rounded over piece from the board, take it back to the router table, make a new round over, and then cut that off etc. That entails moving the fence for the now narrower board each time, If I place the rounded over part against the fence, I have a possibly dangerous cut to make with a thin strip of wood up against the fence. Having said that, I tried it anyway with appropriate push blocks in place and the cut doesn't come out even. I'm not sure why it is not coming out even (meaning that one end of cut off rounded over piece is wider than the other end). Even if I can figure that out I am still spooked by making a cut like this.
I thought I would ask the group members what your suggestions might be.
TIA.
Dick Snyder
Dick Snyder wrote:

Here's one way: